Do you ever think about how to send money to Bangladesh? In this article, we will try to know how a Bangladeshi national can get a driving license while residing in the United Kingdom.
We know that England is one of the most expensive places to live in the world. But, England is also home to one of the world’s most convenient and viable public transport systems. It is one of the reasons why people of England prefer commuting through public transport instead of driving their own vehicles. This, however, does not stop people from keeping cars and the strict implementation of traffic laws followed by stringent punishments in case of violation makes it mandatory for all to acquire a driving license.
Here is how you can apply for a UK driving license in case if you are a Bangladeshi national.
Legal requirements:- To drive a car in the UK, one must be 17 years of age or above. One must also be able to read a license registration plate from 20 meters away. And the important point is that only the residents can apply for a driving license. Oh goodness! What to do if one is a foreigner or a Bangladeshi national? Don’t just worry. If you are an expatriate and working for a money transfer to Bangladesh, you only need to prove that you have been residing in England for 185 days in the last 12 months.
Applying for a provisional license:- As a first step, you can apply online for a provisional license on the DVLA website.
- You will be required to provide basic identity, contact details and address for the last three years. You can also provide your National Insurance Number (NIN) which can help the ID verification process.
- If you do not have a British biometric passport, you will be required to send your original identity documents in hard form to the DVLA office in Swansea with a passport photo and a return envelope.
- At the end of the process, you could pay 34 GBP through a card.
- In case if you cannot apply online, then you will fill a D1 form available in certain post office branches or can also download it from the DVLA site, and post it to the same address mentioned above. Do not forget to include your original identity documents, a passport photo, and a 43 GBP cheque or postal order in the envelope.
- On providing all of the above, the process of verification begins, and you should get your provisional license within three weeks of the successful identity verification.
Now let’s see the protocols to learn driving.
- In the UK, you will be supervised while you learn how to drive. You have the option to choose a friend or family member for supervision if they are 21 years of age or older; qualified to drive the vehicle type you want to learn driving in (it means your supervisor must hold a manual car license if they are supervising you in a manual car) and have a full driving license from the European Economic Area (EEA) for over three years.
But, this option does not allow you to drive on motorways.
The alternative option for supervision is to look for a driving instructor approved by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). With these instructors, you will be allowed to drive on a motorway if the car has dual controls.
You will be required to get your vehicle insured for a learning driver.
In the meantime, you are required to prepare for the theory test. In today’s digital era, it is compulsory to know about technology, just like you have to be tech-savvy for online money transfer to Bangladesh. Knowledge of three books is needed, which are the Highway Code, essential skills of driving and know your traffic signs. Most of these will be taught to you by your instructor during the lessons or you can also undergo mock tests and examinations on the DLVA website.
Now let’s take a look at the final step before standing eligible to get your license.
- First, you can book a session online on the DVLA website, once you feel you are ready to take a theory test.
- You will be required to provide your provisional license number, details and a sum of 23 GBP payable through your debit or credit card.
- DVLA will contact you then to follow further instructions and make sure to keep your provisional license with you on the day of the exam.
- It will be followed by your driving test, which can also be booked online on the DVLA website.
- You will be required to fill in your details as well as your instructor’s, in case you want to check their availability.
- Once you choose your date and test centre, you will be required to pay a sum of 62 GBP.
- Do not forget to take your provisional license and theory test result card along on the day of your driving test, otherwise, you will not be allowed in the test.
Conclusion:- From all of the above, we have come to know that a Bangladeshi national can easily get the UK driving license if they follow the above-mentioned steps in the same sequence. This is a complete guide on how a foreigner, including a Bangladeshi national, can get the UK driving license. A driving license adds value to your portfolio and you can earn more money while working abroad and send money to Bangladesh online to your family.