The Gambia is a small country in West Africa surrounded by Senegal. This country is underdeveloped and has really lower facilities as compared to other countries in Africa.
If you want to send money to the Gambia, you may come across hundreds of different companies providing the services of money transfer.
A few years back, if anyone wanted to send money to the Gambia online, then there were fewer available options for the people.
But, as time passed by, people started to work on improving the money transfer facilities in the Gambia, and now many different companies such as Ping, World Remit, Transfer Wise and Ace Money Transfers are there to help you through this.
Process of Sending Money Online to the Gambia
If we talk about the process of sending money to the Gambia, then its no different then sending money to any other country.
- You can use agents, money transfer companies, online transactions or banks for sending money to The Gambia.
- Due to automation and modernization, everything is made quite easy for everyone.
- The few steps that you’ll have to follow to send money online are listed below.
- Choose the country(from where you are sending the amount) and enter the amount (that has to be sent)
- Have a look at the exchange rates of different companies and banks. Choose the portal which gives you the most optimized rates.
- Choose your retailer bank or transfer portal/money transfer company.
- Enter the details of the recipient.
- Tell the company how would you like the receiver to get the money.
- If you want the currency to be changed, then inform your money carrier.
- Check the receiving limit of the Gambia, and make your transfer accordingly.
- Fund your amount!
Money Transfer Companies Often Provide Receipt to Avoid any Mishap
Within the Gambia, most of the payments are delivered locally to the recipients. Due to the unavailability of more banks and payout locations close to the poor areas.
Companies usually appoint people to deliver the cash locally to the people who are residing there so that it can be easy for the receiver to collect that.
When you transfer the cash, always remember to take a receipt so that you can reclaim in case of any mishap or miss-occurrence from the portal’s side.
Keep Your Details Secure and Private by Choosing a Reliable Money Transfer Company
Also, keep track of your shipment. By using a bank, it may take 1–5 business days for doing a money transfer to the Gambia. By tracking the orders, you can easily calculate the estimated time of cash’s arrival, and it will surely help you in collecting the amount quickly.
For your account’s security, opt for a transfer mode that will keep your details secure and private. Some of the times, when we use online banking methods, the account details can be hacked by third parties. So make sure to ask your carrier about their security systems.