Do you know much expatriates send money to Senegal from abroad? Many people all over the world leave their countries and move to a new one looking for better job opportunities. Many of these people earn money on foreign land and send it back home in order to feed their families. Various online money transfer modes offer their services in this regard. But hardly any of them actually proves to be a helping hand and do the job without charging any amount of fee.
Diaspora abroad works hard and put their physical, mental and emotional efforts into earning money and sending it to their kin. When they send money through their bank accounts, it gets very heavy on their pockets. They have to pay an international money transfer fee that could be around $30, according to the bank they use. Not only that, when you send money via bank, you have to pay a margin of almost 5% on the daily exchange rate. Sending money via banks is very expensive so they look around in search of better options.
Free money transferring apps
List of the apps that transfer money internationally free of cost or with less and affordable charges:
OFX, at one time known as OzForex, is an Australian online foreign exchange and payments company. Their headquarters are in Sydney. By using the OFX app, you can send your money internationally without incurring any fees. They provide a 24/7 online platform. With the OFX app, you can keep up with your money transfer to Senegal at every step.
How they work?
- Download OFX app.
- Create your account.
- Get live exchange rate with their all-in-one currency convertor.
- Enter details related to both your banks and recipient.
- Lock in your single transfer, or set up recurring transfers
- Send OFX your funds.
They do charge a small margin on the exchange rate but that is nothing in comparison with what banks charge.
WorldRemit provides international money transfers from 50 countries to 130 countries around the world. It is 100% cashless. You can pay from a debit card, credit card or directly from your bank account. You can keep a track of your online money transfer to Senegal or other countries with the WorldRemit app.
How they work?
- Download the WorldRemit app
- Choose the country from their drop-down list and insert the amount you want to send.
- Add the details related to your recipient or new recipient or choose from the one you have sent in the past.
- Pay for your transfer: Add the code FREE in the promo code area for your fee-free money transfer with WorldRemit.
- After your money has been sent, both you and the recipient will receive an SMS and an email.
They offer no fee on your first transfer using the code FREE.
Hawk FX was founded by two colleagues in 2017. Their headquarters are in London. They aim at providing competitive money transfer solutions for Aussie and international customers. They strive hard to provide better customer services than their competitors. They do not charge fees to send money.
Hawk FX offers money transfers to over 30 different currencies. Here is the list of some famous and most used ones:
How Hawk FX works?
- Go to Hawk FX’s website
- Log in or sign up for an account
- Verify your mobile phone and email
- Confirm your identity by providing a government-issued ID
- Provide your personal information
- Spell out the type of transfers you plan to make
- Lastly, wait for your account to be approved
From time to time, you will be updated about the status of your transfer. Hawk FX provides its services through its website. They make money off a margin added to the exchange rate which is affordable in comparison to the heavy bank’s fees.
Banks use something called the interbank rate to exchange or trade money with each other. Using banks to send money abroad is a very expensive option. For example, if you want to spend $10,000, you can end up paying $500 on top of the fees already charged to transfer money. Some less expensive methods have been mentioned above like send money to Senegal online through money transfer service providers. They charge a small margin on the exchange rate, but that is very low as compared to what traditional methods or banks charge.